Website Usage Data
Certain statistical information about your use of this website is collected and analysed in order to improve the website’s usability. The following information is retained:
- the IP (Internet Protocol) address from the device you used to access this website. This information is in a format that does not enable us to identify who you are;
- the previous page from which you accessed this website;
- the identity of any search engine used to access this website, and words and phrases used in that search;
- the type of browser, device and the operating system used to view it on;
- the date and time of your visit;
- a list of all the pages visited during your time here;
- the page you exit this website from.
All of this information is collected on an aggregate basis with none of it becoming associated with you as an individual. There is no tracking of e-mail addresses, usage of web pages or any other information personally identifying you. Most information is collected via cookies or other analysis technologies. You may have heard about ‘tracking cookies’ – more information is contained further down on this page.
By agreeing to our digital services, which includes virtual viewings, live chat (either hosted on this website including chatbots, or on Third Party platforms e.g. Zoom, Microsoft Teams, etc.), customer identity verification checks for Anti Money laundering, and filling in any registration instructions and accessing or our website, you will provide us with a certain range of personal information. This information is collected and processed accordingly with the use and means to provide the services just described, for verification purposes and statistical analysis. On occasion, we may contact users by e-mail about our products and services but only where explicit permission has been given to do so. Any user can unsubscribe from such communications at any time. To unsubscribe at any time, please email your intention to do so to email@example.com
Please note that even when permission has been give to be contacted by email, we do not sell or share mailing lists with other companies.
Cookies are small data files placed on your internet enabled device (e.g. computer, laptop, mobile phone, tablet) by websites to add functionality. These help to improve the usage and effectiveness of a website including www.leahyauctioneers.ie by remembering preferences expressed by a user, or tracking a user’s use of the website for statistical analysis.
Cookies on www.leahyauctioneers.ie
- assisting you in navigation;
- assisting in registration and your ability to provide feedback;
- analysing your use of our products, services or applications;
- assisting with our promotional and marketing efforts (including behavioural advertising)
Cookies are classed in the following categories:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
- Performance Cookies
- Functional Cookies
- Targeting Cookies
Our website only uses Strictly Necessary Cookies.
The law states that we can store cookies on your device if deemed strictly necessary for this website’s operation – the Strictly Necessary Cookies. Other cookies need your permission to be installed.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
Requirement to Provide Data and Consequences
You are not under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide us with any personal data/information. On occasion, some personal information is required for us to comply with our obligations under applicable law and to provide services to you and, if you do not provide us with the required data, then we may not be in a position to provide you with our services.
Sources of Data
We only collect information supplied directly by you, the visitor. This is gathered from your interactions with us by email, online contact forms, by phone, and through written correspondence, all through our direct involvement with you and/or through www.leahyauctioneers.ie
Retention of Data
Any personal data is not held for longer than is necessary. Your personal data is held for the duration of your engagement with us, and for a short period after our contract ends, and is as necessary to comply with our obligations under applicable law and, if relevant, to deal with any claim or dispute that might arise relating to your contract.
Where you do not enter into a contract with us, we will only retain your information for so long as is necessary to comply with our obligations under applicable law and, if relevant, to deal with any claim or dispute that might arise relating to our interactions with you. It is important that we make you aware that if you invite us to value your property or if you should view, offer or purchase through us we are legally required to retain a record of this for a minimum period of 6 years after the property transaction is completed.
Sharing of Personal Data
Your personal data may be disclosed to Third Parties outside of Leahy Midland Auctioneers and BER Assessors if it is necessary to do so in order to carry your instructions under the terms of your contract with us and/or in connection with the purposes listed below:
- to third parties with whom we engage with to provide services to us, such as professional advisers, auditors, insurers and service providers;
- affiliates that may act on our behalf;
- to third parties, their agents and professional advisors, subject to confidentiality obligations, for the purpose of a due diligence exercise by third parties in connection with any proposed merger, acquisition, re-organisation or transfer of our business and to any person proposing to participate in, promote, underwrite or manage any such arrangement;
- to competent regulatory or other authorities and bodies as requested or required by law.
Personal Data – What is collected when providing a property service?
You may need to provide us with personal data to allow us to provide our service, including:
- your name and contact details, including email address(s), home/postal address and telephone number(s);
- the information you provide for the purpose of entering into a contract with us;
- personal data relating to you in connection with our on-going relationship with you, based on the services which we are providing to you as estate agency activities;
- where necessary, any information relating to your financial means, such as documentary proof of funds;
- the information which we are required to collect to carry out anti-money laundering and identity checks that must comply with our legal obligations;
- any other personal data which you provide to us directly.
Your rights and how to exercise them
Data protection legislation provides you with the right to obtain a copy of your personal data. This is referred to as the Right of Access (RoA). You have the right to withdraw consent to us processing your information at any time, even if that processing is based on consent during the contract. Similarly, the legislation also gives you the right* to:
- correct any information relating to you which is incorrect;
- delete such information;
- restrict our use of that information;
- object to our use of information relating to you;
- request that information relating to you is transferred to another data controller.
*Note: these rights can be subject to certain restrictions. For example, Leahy Midland Auctioneers and BER Assessors are legally obliged to retain records of ALL viewings and offers made on a property for a minimum period of 6 years after the transaction has been made. Therefore a request to delete this data cannot be actioned until that legal timeframe of 6 years has passed.
Your personal data may be transferred outside of the European Economic Area, and may include jurisdictions and geographic areas not recognised by the European Commission as areas that provide an equivalent level of data protection. If we must transfer such data, then we will ensure that appropriate measures are in place to comply with our obligations under applicable law governing such transfers. These include entering contracts that govern the transfer that contains the ‘standard contractual clauses’ approved for this purpose by the European Commission. Further details can be found by contacting us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
How do we safeguard your personal data?
Leahy Midland Auctioneers and BER Assessors are committed to taking all reasonable and appropriate steps to protect personal information that we hold from misuse, loss and unauthorised access. We have a range of measures in place including the ability to deal with suspected data breaches. If you suspect any misuse, loss or unauthorised access to your personal data please contact us by email to email@example.com with as much information as possible.
Contact us and opting out
Should you have any queries on any aspects of this data protection privacy notice, you may contact John Leahy by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to 19 Glendine Park, Kilcormac, County Offaly, Ireland. R42 D588.
Emails are responded to during standard working hours Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays).
If you are not satisfied with our response, you have the right to make a complaint to the Irish Data Protection Commission at www.dataprotection.ie
If you no longer wish to receive communications relating to your property requirements, or wish to amend your communication preferences, simply drop us an email to email@example.com
How do we use your personal data?
Your personal data may be used by us or by third party service providers acting on our behalf for the purposes of:
- liaising with you prior to your decision to engage us to provide property services to you or on your behalf;
- carrying out estate agency activities on your behalf including in connection with a property which you own or are interested in acquiring, letting or bidding for;
- to operate this website, including the live chat function;
- to respond to any questions or queries that you send to us;
- to carry out research using aggregated and anonymised data which may be required to analyse trends in the property market in Ireland;
- to comply with legal obligations imposed on us;
- to help prevent and to detect potential fraud;
- to provide you with information on other relevant services available to you;
- sending you property industry related newsletters and information;
- carrying out customer satisfaction surveys, send you promotional materials, all subject to any preference that you may/will express.
You will only receive promotional material from us if you have specifically opted in to receiving the same. You can opt out of receiving such promotional materials at any time.
The legal basis on which we collect, process and transfer your information in the manner described above are:
the performance of our contract with you;
- to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you;
- our legitimate interests in conducting our residential property business in a responsible manner, including carrying out meaningful research in relation to changes and current status of the property market in Ireland;
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations relating to Anti-money Laundering checks and our obligation to keep records of bids and bidders on property transactions as required by the Property Services (Regulation) Act of 2011;
- in limited circumstances, where you have given your consent to such processing.
We will request your consent before collecting or processing your data where we are required to do so under the terms of current Data Protection Legislation.
Sources of Data
In addition to the information we receive directly from you, we also receive or obtain information relating to you if you register via web/online-based property portals, specific information hubs, and social media groups.
John Leahy, trading as Leahy Midland Auctioneers and BER Assessors will not collect the personal data relating to persons under the age 16 years old without the express consent of a parent or legal guardian.
Changes to our Policy and Website Usage
Date: September 2023.